Integrated DNA TechnologiesID
Manufacturing Operations# of Openings
5 hours agoShift/Schedule
Sunday- Thursday 6:30pm-3:30amOverview
The Metrologist I is responsible for performing calibrations, troubleshooting and scheduling of preventative maintenance on equipment within IDT's laboratories.Responsibilities
- Executes testing on various types of equipment to ensure accuracy and precision.
- Coordinates instrument calibration with owning departments.
- Coordinates preventative maintenance with engineers.
- Troubleshoots issues with equipment and testing methods.
- Documents testing and other actions performed with detail and precision into the CCMS (computerized maintenance management system).
- Learns on a continual basis about existing and new equipment.
- Helps to identify systemic and specific issues with equipment.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate inventory of calibration reagents as required.
- Installs new probes on Rees system (temperature monitoring) and performs basic troubleshooting as needed.
- Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOPs, and contamination controls.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in science related field plus 2 years of applicable lab experience required
- Bachelor's degree in science related field preferred
- Metrology Certification (i.e. Calibration Technician Certification from ASQ) preferred
Other Job Qualifications
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Calibration skills preferred
- Exhibits keen attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to efficiently accomplish departmental goals.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Ability to manage time and work independently.
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management.
- Adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Exert 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 25-50 lbs. of force frequently Visual Acuity:
- Work requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read pertinent printed material and distinguish colors.
- Ability to accurately read measurements on equipment.
- Ability to prepare and read written documentation; use of computer.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.