Event Coordinator-This .6 FTE (typically 24 hours per week) works 3-8/hour shifts a week, primarily Monday-Friday. This position offers an excellent benefit package, including a generous retirement contribution.
Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics (MGH&FC) opened its doors in 1968 and since that time it has experienced tremendous growth and success. MGH&FC has received local and national recognition for its leadership in the healthcare sector, including the Most Wired award from Hospital & Health Network Magazine for 10 consecutive years. MGH&FC is recognized for its Mission of Patients First and Strategic Vision of United Community, Empowered People, Exceptional Health.
The Event Coordinator is responsible for administrative and fundraising aspects of special events supporting the philanthropic fundraising efforts for MGH&FC and Mason General Hospital Foundation. Event Coordinator provides additional support to the public relations and marketing activities related to Public Hospital District No. 1 and Mason General Hospital Foundation with diplomacy and professionalism. The successful candidate will offer adept project management skills in managing and driving a variety of project assignments/initiatives, be well-organized and a team player with a high level of work integrity and ethical standards. Some weekend and evening work will be required. Must be a self-starter with focused attention to detail, flexibility, a customer service mindset, and a desire to learn and take on new assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities
* 1. Supports District and Foundation events by planning and coordinating event support and volunteer meetings.
* 2. Provides key support to overall team operations, including data entry and financial reconciliation process. Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
* 3. Handle administrative functions associated with special event meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.) as well as data entry into the donor database, invitation list management, budget and metrics tracking, reimbursements, and credit card reconciliation.
* 4. Prepare event media materials for distribution. (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing) and assemble media and donor proposals for events. Coordinate event mailings and assist with dissemination of event marketing collateral.
* 5. Create monthly fundraising event reports and other database reports as needed. Continually update and correct database records.
* 6. Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies in coordination with the Development Specialist.
* 7. Respond to and field questions from donors or other District /Foundation staff in the absence of the CDO as appropriate.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Chief Development & Communication Officer.
*Essential Job Function
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support the Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics mission, vision and values; comply with District policies and procedures; and conduct themselves in an ethical, professional, respectful, and collaborative manner at all times.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Minimum of one year of experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office in a healthcare organization. Prefer 3-5 years of experience with large scale fundraising events.
3. Raiser's Edge experience strongly preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Database management.
2. Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
4. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics is known industry-wide as one of the top rural hospitals in the region. Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics is a Joint Commission accredited hospital located close to beautiful Hood Canal in the South Puget Sound area just 75 miles south west of Seattle, and 20 miles from Olympia, Washington State's historic Capitol. MGH&FC is located in in Mason County, which is known as "the gateway to the Olympic Peninsula". This area offers a wealth of year round recreational activities.
At Mason General, we put patients first. We provide quality medical care to assist the individuals of our community to restore and preserve their health. We conserve patient and community resources through a sustainable, financially viable, coordinated system of health care delivery. We call it “The Mason Way” and demonstrate it through Equity, Trust, High Reliability, Accessibility, Communication and Compassion.