Oxford University Press
Posted: March 19, 2019
New York CityNYUSAJob responsibilities:
Provides support to a number of Publishers/Senior Publishers in the team in order to assist with the management of existing journals in the US Science and Medicine Journals Program, as well as supporting the team in acquiring new business.
- Assist in the management of existing journals through administrative and research support; such as completion of development plans, competitor research, and market intelligence.
- As needed, assist in the preparation of acquisition proposals, including contacting reviewers for advice; conducting research on competing journals in the field to determine circulation and pricing; and providing administrative support in finalizing and distributing proposals.
- Prepare Publisher’s Reports by compiling up-to-date information on circulation, production, usage, and marketing, requesting information from pertinent OUP departments as needed.
- Arrange and coordinate Editorial Board meetings, including date and venue selection, communications, catering, and logistics.
- Work with other U.S. and UK Journals departments such as production, marketing, advertising, rights and permissions, special sales, finance, and customer service as required to accomplish tasks and enhance communications between NY, Cary, and Oxford, UK.
- Organize and maintain files and spreadsheets; prepare check requests and track payments to editorial offices; create payment requests on internal systems and accurately code charges.
- Under direction using templates, prepare draft contracts for new or renewing sponsored journals.
- Assist in the launch of acquired journals, compiling all necessary information required for posting New Journal and Take-Over Notification Form and participating in launch meetings.
- Special projects as assigned, including assisting with the organization of annual U.S. Oxford Journals Day
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, communication, and written language skills.
- Must work quickly and accurately in fast-moving and demanding environment with staff in separate locations on a wide variety of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, and work to tight deadlines.
- Editorial or publishing experience is helpful but not necessary as this is an entry-level position.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Job-holder will perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the department and the Press.We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.