Ricoh Electronics, Inc.
We consider applicants for all positions on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other factor unlawful to take into account under applicable federal, state or local law. AA/M/F/VETERANS/Individuals with Disabilities, EOE, Drug-Free Workplace.Job ID
2019-5418# of Openings
8:30 AMDays Worked
5:00 PMOverview Looking for a challenging and exciting career opportunity?
being part of a company like Ricoh Electronics, Inc (REI)
with a rich history of environmental conservation, community involvement, and steady company growth. Imagine
working for a leading manufacturer as REI
with advanced office automation equipment including digital copiers, thermal media label stocks, and toner products. Imagine
growing with the global Ricoh network of 105,000 employees in approximately 200 countries, with $18 billion in annual sales. REI
is a subsidiary of Ricoh Company Ltd.,
with an enviable corporate social responsibility performance record, business practices that produces cost effective quality products for its customers on a timely basis.
Working at REI
as an Equipment Engineer II
you will be given the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge and skills in a fast-paced, safety-conscious manufacturing environment. In this vital
role as an Equipment Engineer II,
you will be responsible for performing routine to moderately complex engineering assignments to evaluate, select, order, install, set up, design modifications for, test, troubleshoot, improve the performance of, and establish maintenance procedures for a variety of Toner production equipment.Responsibilities include
Qualified candidates will possess
- Evaluates, selects, orders, installs, and sets up equipment used in the manufacture of one or more similar products.
- Recommends equipment modifications to improve production efficiencies, manufacturing techniques, and production yields for existing products.
- Coordinates the installation, modification and testing of manufacturing equipment.
- Troubleshoots a variety of routine to moderately complex manufacturing equipment problems.
- Investigates and determines the root cause of equipment failures and problems and recommends countermeasures.
- Analyzes and identifies modifications that can be made to improve equipment performance and reliability.
- Designs and fabricates, or arranges for external fabrication of, new and replacement parts.
- Creates, writes, and modifies preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, start up, technician qualification, and other procedures.
- Develops preventive maintenance schedules.
- Conducts research, compiles data, and prepares reports.
- Prepares and delivers presentations.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Prepares training materials and trains production and maintenance personnel on the usage and maintenance of equipment.
- Daily interaction with other manufacturing equipment, staff, engineering management, soliciting input for analysis and the exchange of ideas.
- Occassional interaction with vendors and other external parties to obtain equipment information and specifications.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
- 2-4 years experience in manufacturing equipment engineering.
- Working knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology to the production of various products.
- Working knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, use, repair, and maintenance.
- Very good analytical, problem solving, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong math, statistical analysis and research skills required.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Intermediate skills in AutoCad used in production of technical plans, blueprints, electrical layouts, drawings and wiring, and models required.
- Experienced with PLC (prefer Omron) and HMI programming, and Drives (Servos, VFDs).
- Application software used in production of technical plans, blueprints, electrical layouts and drawings and models.