Manufacturing/Operations • Omaha, NebraskaEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with high efficiencies.
- Verify components on job order to ensure correct number of components are available at production line
- Monitors production and adjusts work assignments, supply of material, and machine operation when necessary.
- Review job order instructions with Line Worker team
- Responsible to keep line clean of any debris at all times
- Train Production Workers on job tasks
- Performs basic repairs on various machines.
- Supports basic line / job change over operations
- Verifies correct paperwork for skid tickets, line checks, and quality checks
- Supports updating production metrics on hourly production whiteboard
- Notifies Material Handler to bring additional components for production line as needed
- Supports clean-up of production lines during and end of productions
- Follows SOP's requirements for production process
- Supports quality checks of the line
- Supports production line standards
- Manages daily / weekly line production supplies inventory
- Must be a team leader
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required, Post High Schooling preferred
- Certifications: None
- 2-5 years' experience in a lead or supervisory position in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of computers and programs contained with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract multiple digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's, 100's and 1000's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to use a counting scale
- Able to participate in a team-oriented environment, willingness to assist and train others
- Demonstrate safe behavior and support department/plant Safety goals in a continuous improvement process
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, weekends before and after schedule as needed
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write end of job reports and correspondence.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The position is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Perrigo Company plc, a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products®. Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, Perrigo has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network. Perrigo is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market. The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs. Perrigo, headquartered in Ireland, sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.