US Water Services, Inc.Job ID
Part Time Non Exempt
U.S. Water Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Overview
We are hiring a Technical Service Representative based in LA, California. A Technical Service Representative is responsible for developing customer and prospect rapport and goodwill, for learning the customers' and prospects' operations and for becoming a producing member of the company sales and service team.Responsibilities
- Maintain current customer base
- Service accounts per direction of assigned Sales Reps
- Improve technical and market knowledge
- Complete call reports, service reports and business reviews as required
- Work with assigned sales representative to complete and update contract agreements and work sheets, submit to CSR's and accounting as required
- Maintain a high standard of service and customer satisfactions so that no customer complaints originate as the result of poor customer service
Physical and Mental requirements:
- Technical Degree or Minimum 2 Years Sales or Technical Experience
- In-House Training as needed to meet objectives
- Field Training with other reps to meet objectives
- Strong communication skills
- Continued training to meet objectives
- Mechanical aptitude, familiarity with electrical and plumbing basics related to feed and control equipment.
- Must have a Class B license and ability to either drive a company car or be on the US Water FAVR program
- Climbing, ascending, and descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and industrial equipment, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.Reaching and extending hands and arms in any direction.
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction,
- Standing and walking for sustained periods of time.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, and stooping for sustained periods of time.
- Using upper extremities to move objects and equipment with steady force.
- Sometimes working in temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
- Operating a motor vehicle for extended periods of time, sometimes requiring overnight travel.
- Following customer safety rules and procedures.