ZendeskSan Francisco, California, US
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Zendesk Support Agent Experience Team. This is a team that is highly proficient in our frontend React/GraphQL stack. We're seeking a platform engineer to focus on enabling UI features in Zendesk's Rails and AWS stacks.What you get to do everyday:
- Participate hands-on in all phases of the software lifecycle in defining, designing, implementing, shipping, and analyzing agent experience projects.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Product Design, Engineers, Analysts, and Marketing to define projects and their success metrics.
- Collaborate in the technical design of significant and meaningful new initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for improvement by challenging the status quo, coming up with alternative and creative solutions, and pushing change.
- Drive improvements to the architecture to make it more scalable, maintainable, testable.
- Collaborate with engineers across the company.
- Mentor and guide junior team members by reviewing their code submissions, code pairing, and being a sounding board.
Nice to have's:
- 2+ years of experience as a full-stack software engineer, working in an agile, fast-paced development environment making use of continuous delivery and test-driven development.
- Sound understanding of web application development. Strong Rails and AWS experience preferred.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks and methodologies (Ember.JS, React, Redux, GraphQL).
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (preferably MySQL)
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk's powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 125,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation
to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion
in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice
explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk's use of your personal information.