SomaLogic is an EEO/AA employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce.
SomaLogic is a privately-owned biomedical science company that developed a revolutionary proteomics technology capable of measuring thousands of different human proteins in a single small sample. We are now moving towards commercializing the health-related information derived from that technology to help people worldwide proactively manage their health for life. As a part of our commercialization effort, we are seeking additional expertise to join our dedicated team of scientists, bioinformaticians, statisticians, and software developers to help us realize that vision.
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to architect and implement the company's strategy regarding microservices deployment to the AWS cloud. You will be working with the Software Development team and IT to build and maintain an automated web application infrastructure.
This is a contract position expected to last 6 months.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and deploy microservices architecture to AWS environment following HIPAA, PHI, GDPR compliance standards
- Work collaboratively with IT, developers, project managers, and QA to develop automation and processes that enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications internally and in the cloud (AWS)
- Build and maintain tools to continuously improve our visibility into our systems and applications with advanced monitoring, metrics and log analytics
- Provide subject matter expertise and influence decision makers on appropriate software solutions acquisitions, upgrades, and replacements; this work may include recommending 3rd party software and use of cloud-based services, keeping performance, availability, and cost in mind
- Troubleshoot systems and problem solve across platform and application domains
The following list describes our technology stack:
- Web services/Microservices/SaaS/REST
- AWS and on-prem
- Netflix Stack
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Java 8, Spring, Tomcat
- Git, Jira, BitBucket
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or related field; or equivalent experience
- AWS DevOps or Solutions Architect certification required
Skills and experience
- 10+ years of experience delivering enterprise-level cloud solutions, expertise in AWS essential
- Experience in AWS cost optimization
- Experience building infrastructure for the rapid deployment of multiple web applications
- Extensive experience with writing AWS CloudFormation templates
- Serverless experience and AWS Lambda functions
- Experience in deploying microservices in Kubernetes environment
- Experience in setting up secure environments, authentication and authorization processes
- Continuous integration and deployment expertise in a Linux environment
- Experience with configuration management using a tool such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with system monitoring and issues mitigation
We are a fun and passionate team from diverse backgrounds with an informal office work environment. Our work environment favors the curious with frequent company seminars covering all parts of the business, technical elements of our technology and scientific applications of our technology. The SomaLogic campus consists of several buildings adjacent to each other with occasional meetings spread over the campus. This position involves extended time at a computer and frequent informal meetings and discussions with developers. In the unlikely event of site issues, this position may require occasional work during weekends and/or evenings to minimize disruption during typical business hours.