Volcom Corporate, Costa Mesa, CA, USWe were born to chase what we are true to.
It's not that we want to... WE HAVE TO.
We have a vision that turns obstacles into
A creative courage to tempt the impossible...
And embrace the strange.
Telling us to push further...
To try again.
Endlessly seeking elevation...
We are all connected by this same internal force.
Forever we chase that intoxicating moment when
our vision is realized...
The world around us goes quiet...
And for brief moments, we are more than alive.
True To This
This is a full time, temporary position, between 5-8 months, that is integral to the legal department and Volcom as a whole. The successful candidate will be a proactive worker who is enthusiastic about taking on the crucial responsibilities listed below as well as others if and when a need arises. Responsibilities:
• Prepare form agreements, including content licenses, content purchase agreements, independent contractor, and brand ambassador agreements.
• Conduct trademark clearance searches, including for potential new product names.
• Litigation, subpoena and dispute support, including investigating potential claims, document collection, and legal hold preparation.
• Advertising statement review and clearance.
• Prepare and file annual statements of information for various Volcom business entities.
• Maintain master company contracts database
• Other duties as assignedQualifications:
• Minimum of two years of experience relevant to the above responsibilities
• Member in good standing with the California Bar
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all client and business matters
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
• Ability to be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow through on multiple projects
• Ability to work in a collaborative teamwork environment and share information with the appropriate parties
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and a demonstrable ability to learn any department specific software
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations
• Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environmentWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.