IT Security Administrator
Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
Summary: This position coordinates, administers, monitors and maintains security infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to, intrusion prevention systems, content filtering systems, SIEM and event management systems, Antivirus, rouge device, data loss prevention, and vulnerability testing systems. Position will administer, monitor and maintain the vulnerability & threat assessment program, technical incident response procedures, and employee IT security education and awareness.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
- Implement and maintain security technologies in accordance with existing, new, or changing regulations and audit recommendations.
- Manage and maintain security systems including firewalls, virus protection systems, WebEmail security tools, computer forensic systems, vulnerability scanning, data loss prevention, identity access management systems, and intrusion prevention systems.
- Create and maintain documentation of all security controls.
- Work closely with department staff and management for troubleshooting security related problems, and identifying and implementing new security strategies.
- Monitor all security infrastructure, database, server and network logs and reports for unusual or suspicious activity, and proactively make adjustments to contain and prevent security incidents, and reports outcomes to monthly Information Security Committee.
- Design, implement, and report on security system activity, and perform end-user activity audits.
- Establish performance benchmarks for critical security controls and evaluates performance against same, makes adjustments for improvement as required.
- Monitor and review services provided by 3rd party security vendors and respond to incidents as necessary.
- Plan and implement upgrades, updates, patches and replacements on security technologies.
- Manages employee security social engineering and awareness program in light of industry threats.
- Administers the Threat and Vulnerability Management Program, including but not limited to, reconciliation of outstanding vulnerabilities against patching operations, monitoring industry threat and vulnerability feeds and information sharing communities, and adjusts security controls accordingly.
- Manage and maintain waivers for operating systems, software applications and hardware, and reports outcomes to monthly Information Security Committee.
- Identifies security training recommendations for IS department staff and end users.
- Assist in the maintenance of user profile security.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field;
- Security or Server Certifications (e.g. SSCP, CCNA, MCSE Server Infrastructure);
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP;
- Proven networking, routing and security experience and aptitude;
- Proven network packet capture analysis experience;
- Experience with virtual technology, including VMWare;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with security technologies such as Anti-Virus, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Firewalls, Vulnerability assessment tools, Unified Threat Management, and Security Incident Event Management systems;
- 2 years’ experience in administering and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory;
- Ability to be on call;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Goal oriented and ability to work independently.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Cloud technologies: Microsoft Azure;
- Knowledge of FFIEC Security Guidelines and NIST Security Standards.
Requirements for performing Essential Functions:
On the job the employee may physically be required to bend, sit, walk, use finger movements, handle objects (manual dexterity), and/or carry/lift loads up to 35lbs. The company requires the use of assistive devices or team lifting to help move or lift objects over 35 lbs. On the job the employee must mentally be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason, and analyze.
West Suburban Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.