Full-Time# of Openings:
Maintenance and Custodial Services
Under minimal supervision this position is responsible for providing a clean, safe and healthy working environment for employees. It applies to the maintenance and care of buildings, facilities and fixtures on PPPL C and D Sites.Responsibilities
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms and restrooms including showers, sinks, mirrors, fixtures and other similar equipment. Fills paper towel, toilet tissue and soap dispensers.
- Dusts furniture, equipment and flat surfaces. Cleans windowsills, ledges, door frames/trim, radiators, baseboards and tops of windows.
- Empty wastepaper baskets and recycling baskets. Deposits trash in dumpsters. Places recyclables and food waste items in appropriate receptacles. Pickup and discard debris by entrance ways and dumpster areas.
- Push out (dry mop), scrub, wet mop, strip, wax, finish and buff floors.
- Clean lobbies, meeting rooms and cafeteria.
- Cleans stairwells, elevators, and steps. Cleans steps leading to buildings and de-ice in winter weather.
- Cleans draperies, curtains, and Venetian blinds as necessary.
- Wash and web walls and clean windows periodically.
- Reports need for maintenance and repairs to supervisor.
- Cleans utility rooms and dumpster trash areas. Keeps custodian utility room clean and in order.
- Sets up furniture in rooms and tables and chairs for special functions.
- Responsible for proper handling of all equipment, including special cleaning equipment. Proper cleaning of equipment and maintenance of equipment (bag replacement, brush installation and tag out for repairs as needed).
- Operates manual and power custodian equipment and perform ODCL as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Has knowledge of and supports Laboratory ES&H requirements; consistently applies them. Encourages others to be safety conscious and observe safety rules including use of safety equipment. Reviews work for environmental impact. Complies with ES&H Directives, DOE Orders and OSHA standards. Attends required training.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions. Must be able to follow verbal instructions.
- Must be able to working non standard work shifts: example 5 AM to 1:30 PM.
- Must be able to work non standard work shifts: example 5AM to 1:30PM.
- Will be required to pass a physical.
- stand or walk 2-4 hours at one time for 6-8 hours per day;
- bend at the waist greater than 5 times per minute, when averaged over an 8 hour day;
- lift or carry up to 10 pounds frequently (100-500 times per day, or from 34 – 66% of the workday);
- lift or carry up to 50 pounds occasionally (up to 100 times per day, up to 33% of the workday);
- push or pull using forces up to 10 pounds constantly (over 500 times per day, or over 66% of the workday);
- push or pull using forces up to 60 pounds occasionally (up to 100 times per day, or up to 33% of the workday);
- repetitively use hands for simple grasping, pushing, or pulling;
- bend, push, or pull frequently (33-66% of the work day);
- bend, squat, kneel, climb, reach overhead, or lift overhead occasionally (up to 33% of the work day);
- lift up to 50 pounds in a range of motions from floor to shoulder height;
- lift up to 30 pounds in a range of motions from floor to overhead;
- climb stairs, climb an 8 foot ladder, and shovel snow;
- work outdoors in a variety of environmental conditions.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW