Radiant Solutions values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
R03641Please review the job details below.
Are you excited by the possibilities presented by combining machine learning and the cloud? Do you have the drive to contribute to our nation's security? In an increasingly data-rich environment, threats to our country are harder to detect and require the augmentation of intelligence by machines. As a part of our team, you can help turn this complex problem into a real solution for an important Intelligence Community customer. We are looking to hire a cleared Data Scientist to an established team of motivated data scientists to make the customer's vision a reality.What you will be doing:
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of NGA Maritime's automated machine learning framework housed in AWS and using natural language processing (NLP)
- Improving an architecture to ingest naval chart/notice data and other location based intelligence data at scale
- Learning and applying NLP to customer data
- Assisting NGA in their efforts to migrate the above workflow from their contractor to a solely NGA-controlled system
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI
- Require 2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (physics, mathematics, computer science, operations research, etc.). 4 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree.
- Proficient in AWS suite of services (particularly EC2)
- General NOSQL skills (particularly MongoDB)
- Proficient with Linux (particularly Red Hat enterprise 7)
- Networking knowledge (i.e. connecting to AWS instances, gathering metrics, monitoring network traffic, etc.)
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.
- Python and/or Java
- Bash scripting
- Familiarity with ESRI ArcGIS and open source geospatial tools.
- Familiarity natural language processing (NLP)