The determination and analysis of factors causing individual accounts to be delinquent and/or overdrawn, and the implementation of efforts to successfully resolve these factors through interaction with the account holders, and to minimize their potential for financial loss to the credit union. Efforts will include, but not be limited to extensive telephone, written and person to person communication with and collection of past due, overdrawn and legal reserve accounts. The ultimate objective of all collection activities will be to determine the cause and severity of an account’s delinquent and/or overdrawn status, and to establish an appropriate course of action in order to remedy the situation. Collection efforts include skip tracing, processing payments, or requesting review for repossession and foreclosure actions. Credit and financial counseling of past due and overdrawn accounts in accordance with established lending guidelines, and state and federal regulations. Responsible for coordinating collection activities with the Collection Supervisor.
Pay Range: $19.98-$29.97Responsibilities
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication, giving credit, integrity, caring, and respect in carrying out the UICCU's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Contacts and confers with members by any means necessary in order to determine the reason for delinquency and/or overdrawn status, and to arrange an appropriate course of action in order to remedy the situation.
- Makes recommendations for, and implements appropriate action for those accounts that cannot be contacted, or for which satisfactory arrangements cannot be made.
- Maintains and updates member records. Records all communications and all collection activity.
- Follows-up on past due mortgages, loans, credit cards and overdrawn accounts; makes reasonable and practical arrangements for interest, partial, or full payments.
- Performs skip-tracing duties, as required and directed.
- Takes check net payments over the phone, and saves them in the checksnet folder. Accepts debit and credit card authorizations over the phone, prints, and processes transaction and post to members' accounts.
- Requests review for repossession if all collections efforts are deemed exhausted.
- Initiates workflow for review of modification, TDR, workout, deferment requests.
- Conducts credit investigations and income verifications.
- Makes collection contacts to delinquent accounts and performs any tasks or duties in order to aid in collection of past due or overdrawn accounts.
- Refers members to financial counseling resources when necessary.
- Cross-sells Credit Union products and services when appropriate.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or credit union sponsored events, on an annual basis.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.