UICCU is now taking applications for the Member Service Representative role. Ideal candidates will be friendly, patient, and conscientious team players who will constantly strive to do accurate work. UICCU will value your loyalty, attention to detail, cooperative attitude, and ability to do their job well, time and time again. Service starts with this key role and as an MSR, you are our service champion.
If you've got a passion for service and are willing to learn, we will train you! No degree required.
As an MSR you will work in tandem with other branch staff to deliver outstanding service to our members and proactively promote our superior credit union products on a daily basis. Come be a part of our team and be rewarded for your high quality work!
UICCU is proud to offer a Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying applicants.
Monday through Friday from 8:45 am - 5:45 pm, plus 3 out of 4 Saturdays from 9:00 am - Noon.
Pay range for this hourly position is $11.96- $17.93 with a monthly incentive opportunity and a progressive benefits package.Responsibilities
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication, giving credit, integrity, caring, and respect in carrying out the UICCU's mission and vision.
- Promotes and implements the values of the branch. The qualified candidate will be member focused, show excellence and accuracy in all of their work, demonstrate integrity, share one vision through team work, continually look for improvement, openly mentor others and respect others.
The MUST philosophy:
- Make eye contact;
- Use their name or acknowledge their presence;
- Thank them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times.
- Ensures confidentiality of member account records and account information. Request identification whenever necessary and provide account information to only those members listed as primary or joint owners.
- Answers member questions or refer members to appropriate departments or supervisors.
- Assists with member account discrepancies, statement problems, and complaints.
- Make weekly outbound service calls to members.
- Performs member transactions including; deposits, withdrawals, transfers, check cashing, loan payments, credit card payments, cash advances, bond redemptions, disbursement of official checks, sale of money orders, cashier checks, savings bonds, and promotional sales materials.
- Maintains a satisfactory balancing record.
- Educates members and staff of the features and benefits of all of our products and services.
- Refers products and services that benefit members in an effort to achieve team goals.
- Provides assistance in training new employees.
- Accepts and examines checks for endorsements and negotiability. Determine availability of funds based on regulations and policy. Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds when necessary, provide member with the proper documentation.
- Operates drive-up equipment such as tubes, drawer, and microphone.
- Operates imaging equipment and balance outgoing image files on a daily basis.
- Processes mail and night deposit transactions.
- Completes all forms including: negotiable instrument logs, vault cash advances/turn-ins, direct deposit, payroll deduction, and member check orders.
- Participates in all day-end closing procedures. Secure and balance cash drawer/key and all negotiable instruments, clean the MSR area and turn off all equipment (computers, copier, adding machines, lights)
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events on an annual basis.
- Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend to phones in MSR area and answer basic membership calls;
- Perform clerical work such as filing;
- Maintain professional correspondence with members;
- Maintain and update member information on the computer system, such as address, phone number, and employment information.
MSRs may also be responsible for the following duties, as assigned:
- Acts as a leader; assist other MSRs as a mentor and role model.
- Assists SRs with daily work including balancing and reconciliation of offages.
- Monitors and manage the vault including cash disbursements, balancing, and end of day lock-up. Ensure that sufficient, but not excessive, funds are on hand at all times.
- Ensures the completion of day-end procedures including securing the vault, daily cash letter, and distribution of work to appropriate Credit Union personnel and departments.
- Assists in security procedures. Has access to and is accountable for office keys and combinations.
- Balances, maintains, and corrects the coin machine. Prepares and tags coin bag deposits and post to the appropriate GLs.