We are Akrons original healthy restaurant that features all natural and organic ingredients, made fresh to order and served with a smile! Our forward-thinking menu offers a wide variety of Gluten Free friendly, Hormone and Antibiotic free Meats, Vegetarian, Vegan and Allergen-Friendly cuisine inspired from around the world. All of our food meets our Golden Standards. We take great pride in creating amazing food that tastes delicious and is healthy for you and your family!
Prepares, cooks, garnishes, and plates products served in the Caf. Responsible for maintaining sanitary kitchen work station.
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality, ingredient standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Follows recipe specifications to prepare menu items in accordance with pre-determined costs.
- Prepares items for cooking by peeling, paring, coring, portioning, washing, sectioning, zesting, cutting, or scoring.
- Cooks all food items by braising, poaching, simmering, boiling, frying, baking, roasting, stir-frying, blanching, or broiling.
- Covers, dates and neatly stores and rotates all products.
- Requisitions items needed to produce food choices, notifies stewards as ordering needs occur.
- Maintains sanitary work station.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience (E = Essential D = Desired)
(E) High school education or equivalent
(D) Degree from a post secondary culinary arts training program
(D) Previous Line Cook experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Written & Verbal skills