Print Production - Black and White Format • Los Angeles, California
ARC Document Solutions is seeking an experienced Print Production Operation to receive and process orders.
Duties include reading and understanding the work order prior to starting the job to assure the job is done correctly. Use various equipment/machinery to finish the job to the exact customer standards. Must understand the job completely before starting. Any questions need to be discussed with management who will call the customer. In between jobs, the work area needs to picked up and swept clean. Notify a supervisor when materials are low so they may be reordered. Exceed client expectations by fostering a "Whatever it Takes" attitude while at the same time producing and delivering the highest quality product.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives, processes, and maintains orders for copier and finishing services and prioritize work assignments based on customer needs, work load and machine capabilities.
- Study production schedule. Estimate hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Inform the Production Manager of any requests that can't be met. Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product produced.
- Read, process, comprehend, and follow the detailed written and verbal instructions on the work order prior to starting the job to assure the job is done correctly and to the highest degree of satisfaction.
- Process PDF files that come in e-mail, delivery, walk in, or other method.
- Use various equipment and machinery to finish the job order to the exact customer standards. This includes filling in any sizes, quantities, job names or purchase orders on the work order prior to starting the job.
- Make suggestions regarding paper, binding, and other options. Any questions need to be directed to your supervisor who will call the customer with any clarifications.
- Inspect finished work for sharpness, density of line, position, count and sizes.
- Scan-to-file of hard copy job following standard operating procedures.
- Know and understand how the equipment works and keep it clean at all times to assure our products are delivered in the highest quality to our customer.
- In-between jobs, pick up work area and sweep clean. Keep your area stocked with paper and supplies. Notify your supervisor as you see materials that we are low so that they may be reordered.
- Perform minor repairs and some routine equipment maintenance.
- Report mechanical failure for technician repair to the Production Manager or Branch Manager.
- Work overtime when necessary. Overtime is a condition of employment.
- Assist in other departments when necessary or orders are slow.
- Perform any other tasks, duties, or functions directed by the Production or Branch Manager.
- Assist customer service by answering phones and taking orders, writing in pick-up requests on daily log sheet, assisting customers and other duties when required.
- Assist by preparing packages for shipment with UPS, Fed-Ex, and couriers as needed.
- Attend occasional company-wide meetings and/or training.
- Abide by all company rules and regulations, including those set forth in the Employee Handbook.
Maintain a courteous and "can-do" attitude with internal and external customers