Print Production - Color Format • Los Angeles, California
ARC is looking for a Full-time Print Production - Small Format (Color) Description:
The Print Production Staff
receives orders and processes color, Small format print work utilizing small format printers. Oversee the color production and job preparation, submission, and workflow tasks for each assigned equipment. Use to finish the job to the exact customer standards. This includes filling in any sizes, quantities, job names or purchase orders on the work order prior to starting the job. Must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite of programs. Exceed client expectations by fostering a "Whatever it Takes" attitude while producing and delivering the highest quality product by performing the following duties:
Experience and Qualifications
- Receive, process, and maintain orders for small format printers to perform color print services and prioritize work assignments based on customer needs, work load and machine capabilities. Print proofs for sign-off.
- Study production schedule. Estimate hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Inform the Manager of any requests that can't be met. Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Make suggestions regarding paper, binding, productivity and color workflow options.
- Process PDF, and graphics files that come in e-mail, delivery, walk in, or other method.
- Ensure required resources are available to complete job (media, fonts, graphics, etc.).
- Respond appropriately to fault, error, and alert messages.
- Evaluate output and adjust to obtain a desired level of image quality.
- Troubleshoot problems that occur during job submission or the printing process.
- Address problematic orders and customer complaints.
- Inspect finished work for sharpness, density of line, position, count and sizes.
- Minor maintenance functions include cleaning, replenishing consumables, replacing filters and waste containers.
- Use diagnostics to troubleshoot and correct image quality artifacts.
- Provide good customer service to maintain current accounts and enhance the company's image.
- Process, comprehend, and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Complete paperwork for the billing process.
- Keep your area stocked with paper and supplies. Notify your supervisor if supplies need to be reordered.
- Report mechanical failure to the Production Manager or Branch Manager.
- Work overtime when necessary. Overtime is a condition of employment.
- Assist in other departments when necessary
- Assist customer service by answering phones and taking orders, assisting customers and other duties as needed.
- Conscientious and consistent effort to quickly and accurately complete each task and/or job is the company's productivity standard.
- Maintain a courteous and "can-do" attitude
- Perform any other tasks, duties, or functions directed by the Production or Branch Manager.
- 2+ years of experience in color reprographics in a professional environment using graphic applications
- 1-2 years of direct color services and design
- Pre-flight experience
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and align operations and sales processes to achieve business results
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, resourcefully with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated experience in developing strong working relationships with internal and external customers
- Not All above experience necessary, willing to train the right candidate