Job FamilyClaimsJob Brief
We are currently seeking a dynamic Claims Supervisor to join our team in Latham, NY! This position is a fast-paced supervisory and technical role.About the Position:
We are currently seeking a dynamic Claims Supervisor
to join our team in Latham, NY! This position is a fast-paced supervisory and technical role. The Claims Supervisors provide supervision and training to claims processing staff, monitor and evaluate staff performance, actively oversee workflow management, and continuously identify production efficiencies. This is frequently a client-facing position representing Claims on implementations, external audits, and manager back-up on client meetings.Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for understanding, communicating, and meeting client performance guarantees.
- Daily review of open inventory to evaluate against performance guarantees
- Prioritize work distribution based on PGs at risk
- Manage daily back-end reports
- Supervise, provide direction, and mentor assigned staff, providing feedback on performance and developing/implementing action plans for improvement.
- Evaluate staff skill sets
- Using data management, monitor individual staff activity for idle time and inconsistencies
- Monitor quality and productivity performance
- Develop training programs to address specific individual and/or team needs.
- Develop goals with staff
- Write and deliver performance reviews for direct reports
- Manage daily back-end reports
- Evaluate and control workflow within the team. Ensure processor assignments are appropriately aligned to ensure performance guarantees are met.
- Inquiry queus
- Extract error monitoring
- Client-facing activities
- Manager back-up for external audit response, client meetings,
- Participate in implementation of new clients, represent department during both internal and external meetings
- Identify system related efficiencies
- Review same day service tables and pends
- Recording and executing scripts/macros on AS-400
- Using data management, identify pend reason trends and perform impact analysis on automation
- Respond to unit audit results
- Oversight of claims testing activities
- Contribute to a team environment by maintaining good interpersonal skills related to peers and management and demonstrate flexibility and support in meeting departmental goals.
- May be required to perform other duties and/or projects as needed.
- Education: High School/GED diploma is required, Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Relevant Work Experience: 3 years of claims processing experience is required, previous supervisory and/or lead experience within similar and/or related claims field is preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong problem and analytical skills required
- Strong ability to manage and mentor staff required
Click below on "Apply for this Position
" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
AAP Reporting Location:NY - Latham
ID (Req #):57001
FTE Status:Full Time
Schedule:Monday - Friday