: US-GA-Atlanta# of Openings
: Food and BeveragePosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
: ExemptAbout Us
Join Team Whitley! Located right in the heart of Buckhead with convenient access to the highway and two Marta Train stations, the Whitley has an awe-inspiring view of the city skyline. Gathering together was Buckhead's original purpose, and this remains a focus of our hotel so that we are able to provide a home away from home for our guests. Our associates have access to many benefits such as discounted parking and train passes, discounted dry cleaning, complimentary meals and discounted spa services. In addition to all of this, we invest in our associates by providing cross-training, promotional opportunities and tuition reimbursement. Looking to grow your career with the leading luxury hotel in the area? Come in to see us today! Overview
Support General Manager in managing the Rooms, Food and Beverage, Financing, Sales and Marketing, and Repairs and Maintenance Departments to achieve the guest satisfaction scores, operating and financial goals of the owner. Act as General Manager in his/her absence when necessary. Responsibilities
- Lead all operational managers to success on daily, weekly, monthly and annual action plans related to property strategic plan.
- Plan, organize, facilitate, attend, and/or participate in various hotel and departmental meetings. Ensure compliance of brand standard operating procedures and policies.
- Develop and manage execution of Rooms/Food and Beverage division budgets and revenue forecasts. Develop and implement controls for expense management. Ensure staff is utilizing labor management tools to schedule and control labor costs.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff members.
- As a member of the Executive Committee for the property, the Director of Operations is expected to help create and execute the financial objectives of the hotel.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years of management experience, preferably in both rooms and F&B.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Computer literacy and financial management required.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Able to resolve guest, supervisor and associate conflicts.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.