: US-AZ-Tucson# of Openings
: HousekeepingPosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Welcome to one of Arizona's most beloved resorts: The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa in Tucson. Our magnificent 250 acre desert resort is nestled in the foothills of Tucson's Santa Catalina Mountains and features 487 rooms and 60,000 square feet of meeting space.
We have exciting employment opportunities to offer in our rooms division, food and beverage and administrative and general departments. There are health and welfare benefits for full-time associates and other offerings for all associates including paid time off, free meals daily in our associate dining room and a discounted travel benefit at any one of 6,000+ Marriott hotels worldwide. Want to learn more about joining our team? Join today!Overview
Attend to the cleaning process of hotel linens to ensure guests and associates experience a clean hotel.Responsibilities
- Operate washing and drying equipment, load and unload laundry from machines. Measure and administer cleaning agents to laundry according to product specifications.
- Monitor feeder information on washers, make sure all drums are full, and report any irregularities to immediate supervisor.
- Set the proper drying and cooling times for different types of linen.
- Clean up machines and surrounding areas.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of the use of laundry chemicals and different formulas, as well as effects on various types of linen.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push or pull heavy loads, and stand for long periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Requires lifting bundles of linen weighing up to 75 lbs. Ability to push and/or pull wheeled carts weighing up to 100 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.