2018-1704# of Openings:
Connections Health Solutions is a physician-owned, multifaceted behavioral health company whose mission is to address any behavioral health need at any time.
We are hiring Registered Nurses for the Crisis Response Center (CRC) who will assess patients and document pertinent information including Triage, Behavioral Health, Physical Health, and/or Substance Abuse issues. The Nurse will administer medications and transcribe Behavioral Health Medical Provider's orders, and collaborate with the multidisciplinary clinical team regarding consumer's treatment. The Nurse will demonstrate knowledge of Crisis Intervention and the ability to de-escalate potentially aggressive situations and will provide education to consumers and their families regarding Behavioral Health diagnosis, medications, and treatments. Responsibilities
- Assess consumers and document pertinent information including Triage, Medical/Behavioral Health assessments and medication administration utilizing appropriate assessment tools.
- Plans consumer treatment as part of the Multidisciplinary Clinical team.
- Intervenes with respect to consumer's psychopharmacological and physiologic needs.
- Provides education concerning Psychiatric diagnosis, treatment options and psychopharmacology to consumers, families and all others involved in the consumer's care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of adult psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment as well as demonstrating knowledge of co-occurring disorders and their management.
- Demonstrates skill at creating and maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of crisis intervention theory and technique.
- Intervenes with appropriate verbal interventions to diffuse out of control or potentially dangerous behaviors. Demonstrates ability to effectively use Crisis Prevention Institute (C.P.I.) theory and technique and can describe and demonstrate their roles and responsibilities, based on specific job duties or responsibilities, relative to safety.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Seclusion/Restraint standards, guidelines and techniques, and initiate documentation and debriefing with consumers any seclusion/restraint incidents.
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment demonstrating knowledge of Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Able to prioritize multiple demands in a high volume, acute Psychiatric Emergency room setting.
- Perform those duties as directed by Charge Nurse or Nurse Manager.
- Ensures that job tasks are performed in a legal and ethical manner.
- Actively assess work area for non-compliance issues and notifies supervisor.
- Adheres to compliance training requirements and understands that training is a required condition of employment.
- Participates in corporate and local Quality and Utilization management programs as appropriate.
- Graduated from an accredited Nursing program with licensure by the Arizona Board of Nursing. Bachelors of Nursing preferred.
- Unrestricted, unencumbered licenses as Registered Professional Nurse through the Arizona State Board of Nursing
- At least one year, 3 years preferred, prior psychiatric or behavioral health experience with adults with serious mental illness, chemical dependency issues and/or developmental disability. Emergency room, crisis psychiatric care experience, and familiarity with Court Ordered Treatment process is preferred.
- Basic computer skills, familiarity with EMR.