J. A. Watts, Inc. is a leading professional services and general contracting firm providing project management, programming, and construction for public and private clients since 1999. Known for our unmistakable culture of treating clients and employees like family, weve built our reputation by developing long-term relationships and providing an energetic, diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a growing family that values people who are innovative, respectful, committed to excellence, and looking to develop their talents.
This role is responsible for overseeing and managing all accounting functions including client invoicing, maintaining records and general ledgers, preparing financial reports, processing accounts receivable/payable, and performing general bookkeeping. The Controller will also determine and execute on department goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all accounting department operations including bank and capital assets reconciliation, year-end and month close processes, accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions, general ledger upload, check runs, expense report processes, ACH debits and credits, and fixed asset and debit activity.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data to produce financial reports and statements.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Coordinate and complete annual audits.
- Determine annual departmental goals and provide strategic support and recommendations.
- Analyze systems and procedures to determine process improvement and initiate corrective actions.
- Assign projects and direct staff and vendors to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Formalize and meet financial accounting objectives.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions.
- Manage vendors and analyze systems to align with organizational goals and department objectives.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required.