Bio Med Technician 2 - MGH & FC's Maintenance Department is seeking a Bio Med Technician. This 1.0 FTE position is typically Monday to Friday,8/hour shifts, and offers competitive pay and full benefits. At MGH&FC we pride ourselves in offering an excellent benefits package, including a generous retirement contribution.
Provides and documents, under supervision, preventative and corrective maintenance on biomedical equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
* 1. Performs biomedical equipment repairs and test on all new and repaired equipment prior to being put into service. All repairs and tests shall be documented.
* 2. Performs scheduled inspections, maintenance and electrical safety tests of biomedical equipment to maintain code compliance. Responsible for documenting the results of all inspections, maintenance and tests.
* 3. Monitors the inventory of biomedical equipment, parts and stand-by equipment to ensure minimum disruption of patient care.
* 4. Assists in training of all hospital staff in the safe use of biomedical equipment.
* 5. Monitors work performed by outside contractors to ensure requirements are met and results are documented properly.
* 6. Provides technical support on new and replaced biomedical equipment.
* 7. Responsible for keeping current on new developments in biomedical equipment and systems.
* 8. Performs Inspections and performance testing of medical equipment in inventory.
* 9. Perform risk assessments on all medical equipment and documents.
10. Perform other job related duties and projects as assigned.
*Essential Job Function
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support the Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics mission, vision and values; comply with District policies and procedures; and conduct themselves in an ethical, professional, respectful, and collaborative manner at all times.
Required Education and Experience
1. Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations