Medical Lab Technician – This is a Per Diem position is to cover sick, vacation, LOA. The schedule is 8/hour, variable shifts, variable days. This is an excellent opportunity to join our quality team of healthcare professionals.
Responsible for accurate and efficient testing and reporting of laboratory results. The Medical Laboratory Technician is also responsible for insuring the integrity of all testing systems including specimen procurement, specimen processing, and specimen distribution procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
* 1. Function as the primary resource for analysis of tests to medical providers.
* 2. Provide timely and accurate test results to laboratory clients.
* 3. Perform specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient results.
* 4. Confirms abnormal results, verifies quality control procedures, and develops solutions to problems concerning the generation of laboratory data.
* 5. Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies, documenting all quality control activities, instrument, and procedural calibrations.
* 6. Adheres to the laboratory's equipment maintenance policies: perform preventative and corrective maintenance, identify sources for repair and document all maintenance procedures.
7. Performs age and condition-specific specimen collection including but not limited to heelsticks, venipuncture, and fingersticks.
* 8. Maintains records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
* 9. Use independent judgment in performing and evaluating quality assurance and quality control measures of laboratory testing.
10. Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
*Essential Job Function
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support the Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinic's mission, vision, and values; comply with District policies and procedures; and conduct themselves in an ethical, professional, respectful, and collaborative manner at all times.
Required Education and Experience
1. Associates degree from an accredited Medical Laboratory Technician program.
Required Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations
1. Registry as a Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) or Clinical Laboratory Technician (NCA).
- Individuals hired under M211, Registry Eligible, will have 6 months from date of hire to become registered.