Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.Location:
New York City, New YorkCategory:
You will join a creative team that is responsible for how the Chobani brand is brought to life narratively across all media and outputs including digital platforms, emails, content, etc. The Senior Brand Copywriter will create the written communications and stories that define Chobani, inspire the public, and impact culture.
In your role as a brand writer, you will be the primary steward of the Chobani brands tone of voice. Both quantity and quality equally matter as you craft language across mediums.The responsibilities of this position include:
The Chobani Voice
- Thoroughly understand the Chobani brand
- Help define and defend the Chobani tone of voice
- Ensure consistent expression of the voice across all touchpoints inclusive of the website, email, social, cafe and internal comms (from Health & Wellness to People etc.)
- Collect the consumer stories or company stories that define, or could define, our brand; use them as personal inspiration or to inspire others
- Bring creativity and a new POV to universal wellness culture
Content (Long, short, social, community editorial, .com.)
- Work closely with the strategy teams to understand the motivation of each brief
- Translate creative briefs into culturally provocative content
- Ensure consistency in brand concept across content so work feels like it is coming from one point of view on the world
- Guide creative quality and contribute when needed
- Work with all teams to enhance ideas with copy content
- Hunt/collect Chobani human interest stories — aka stories that show how food makes the world a better place.
TRequirements and characteristics:
- Collaborate with cross-functional team member to build ideas / solutions
- Participate in dialogue about the work. Encourage debate. A clash of viewpoints can often produce creative breakthroughs.
- Articulate and defend your point of view with the larger team.
- Be willing to take an idea and change it - and change it again - until it is new.
- Push yourself to experiment; keep finding the edge of your discipline and leaping off of it.
- Be curious and open-minded; ask lots of questions.
- Never be so precious or protective of your own ideas and work that you can't see room for improvement.
- Bachelors degree required
- Concept driven
- Likes to challenge the norm
- Ambitious and eager to work at a larger scale without sacrificing craftsmanship
- Endlessly curious and open minded
- Is tirelessly proactive and self-driven
- Thrives in ambiguity and large amounts of autonomy
- Seek opportunity to create value
- Drives the conversation
Since our founding 10 years ago, we've always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn't as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we're so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work ® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.