US-TX-Fort WorthReq ID:
Regular Full-TimeJob Summary
Our Service Group is currently in need of an Electrical Generator Service Technician. The selected candidate will be responsible for diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and installing commercial generators and associated equipment. Company Overview
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.Essential Duties
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Disassembles and reassembles commercial equipment to perform trouble shooting and preventative maintenance.
- Operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment to perform service to the equipment and/or mechanical system.
- Completes work orders, task lists and documents to verify work performed as needed to conform to customer invoicing requirements.
- Completes documentation of invoicing data based on hours worked and materials or equipment used to perform the service.
- Explains the service charges and work performed to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Operates a commercial vehicle and trailer.
- Purchases materials and issues purchase order numbers to suppliers.
- Maintains inventory stock on service vehicle.
- Reconciles work order documents, vendor packing slips and weekly timesheets for supervisor review.
- Ability to tolerate extreme environmental conditions consisting of extreme heat, cold, noise, vibration, fumes, dusts, poor ventilation, gases and oils.
- Ability to work skillfully with both hands constantly; independently lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally; climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffold; kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp and feel on a constant and repetitive basis; stand, walk, talk, see (20/20 vision naturally or corrected), hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and without close supervision in order to identify customer needs and provide solutions. Willing and able to consistently work the schedule required by job demands.
- Participates in the technician on-call stand-by rotation as required.
- May be exposed to wet slippery floors, objects on floor and various chemicals and sharp objects.
- Works on carpeted, concrete, wood, tile and/or vinyl floors or combination within the confines of a commercial building.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience and a minimum of five (5) years commercial service work experience.
- Trade school or special training preferred.
- Have a basic knowledge of Ohms Law and Power Formula.
- Ability to perform maintenance and troubleshooting on electrical generator systems, including the ability to work on engines and transfer switches. Experience with Kohler and Generac generators is a plus.
- Must possess advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Meets requirements of company vehicle driving policy.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Travel Required up to 75%, please discuss with Recruiter for details.