Regular Full-TimeJob Summary
The Service Tech III - FLS (senior level) serves as a front-line resource to service technicians through technical support and provides guidance and training to other technicians. Performs routine inspections, testing, repairs, servicing, and planned maintenance of fire and life safety systems.Company Overview
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.Essential Duties
- Handles advanced installations, programming, troubleshooting and repair.
- Diagnoses fire and life safety system performance through observation, testing and setup as required by trade/position. Performs planned maintenance and inspections as indicated in the service agreement.
- Performs start-up activity, checkout of systems, and verifies system performance to ensure proper operations prior to customer acceptance.
- Completes service contracts, quoted projects and demand service calls as directed. Develops long-term relationships with customers and explains work performed to the customer's satisfaction. Communicates and documents project status to all project stakeholders.
- Serves as a front-line resource to service technicians through technical support. Coordinates the work of subcontractors, and trains and provides guidance to technicians.
- Coordinates multi-tech jobs, and accomplishes multiple tasks on multiple projects with minimal impact, if any, between projects. Reviews job contract specifications and assists with installation plan. Coordinates work so it aligns with the project and start-up schedule.
- Participates in technician on-call-stand-by rotation as dictated by business unit policies and procedures.
- Interfaces with other departments to ensure all activities comply with and support project schedules. Identifies problems or critical issues and implements solutions in a timely manner. Works closely with controls engineering for hand off and as built documentation.
- Safely drives a motor vehicle and trailer, follows requirements of company vehicle driving policy and adheres to all company safety requirements.
- Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory stock on service vehicle.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Two-year technical degree in related field is preferred.
- Must possess required registrations, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.
- 8-10 years of experience.
- Advanced knowledge of service processes, techniques and codes.
- Advanced controls installations, programming, troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Fundamentals of A/C electrical circuits and low voltage D/C electrical circuits and operation.
- Extensive hands on experience with one or more fire alarm platforms.
- Experience with schematics and blue prints.
- Performs as self-managed individual.
- Professional demeanor, solid interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication capability.
- Demonstrates strong business ethics at all times.