: US-TX-Dallas# of Openings
: KitchenPosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
: ExemptAbout Us
Welcome to Hotel Crescent Court, with undeniable charm that is quintessentially Texan, we meld Dallas sophistication and heritage into an experience that is uniquely Hotel Crescent Court. With our immersive spa, renowned dining, and serene pool just moments away from the trolley, our hotel opens a world filled by arts, shopping and entertainment districts. Fresh from a $30 million renovation, this is Texas luxury living at its finest.
At the Hotel Crescent Court, our associates can expect to work in an environment that focuses on nurturing development and growth. We take care of you so that you can take care of our guests. Complimentary parking, free meals during your shift, and monthly associate celebrations are just a few perks that can be expected when working here. Overview
Plan and manage the kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food for the club in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products. Responsibilities
- Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the club restaurant(s) and events to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all HEI Franchise standards.
- Manage Human Resources in the production and preparation areas of the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates while providing a safe work environment; interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, provide open communication vehicles, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Schedule and manage the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
- Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved.
- Promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
- Assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of seasonal and special menus.
- Should assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his/her absence.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Two+ years of post high school education, culinary education is desirable.
- Five+ years of employment in a related position.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or complex problems and food and beverage management.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.