: US-NJ-Parsippany# of Openings
: Food and BeveragePosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
: ExemptAbout Us
Come work at the Castle! With great facilities just 30 minutes from the Newark airport and New York City, the Sheraton Parsippany Hotel is an ideal choice for business and leisure travelers. Our resort-like setting, inspiring castle theme, and warm, friendly staff will make you feel right at home. As an associate of the Sheraton Parsippany, you receive a free membership to our 25,000 square feet Atlantis Sports Club, one complimentary meal in our cafeteria during your work day and attendance with the Sheraton Parsippany family at the annual Summer Jam Family Picnic and Holiday Party. Want to find out more about joining our team? Apply today! Overview
Plan and manage the Restaurant, Room Service and other food and beverage outlets as appropriate in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals.Responsibilities
- Direct the day to day operations of the restaurant and room service for breakfast, lunch and dinner periods. Direct the day to day operations of the bar operations.
- Manage the Human Resources in the various outlets in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates; interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Implement company programs and manage the operations of the Restaurant, Room Service and any other food and beverage outlet as required to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs, safety regulations and federal, state and local regulations to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the guest(s).
- Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc...) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
- Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Create, recommend and implement promotions, displays, buffet presentations and ideas to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market.
- Monitor and control the maintenance and sanitation of the various outlet areas and equipment to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years of post high school education.
- Two+ years of full employment in a related position.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Requires thorough knowledge of the restaurant/hotel practices and procedures in order to perform non-repetitive analytical work. May require knowledge of policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines. Supervision, management and communication skills are required.
- Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information and make logical conclusions and recommendations. Ability to make decisions which are generally guided by established policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to move throughout all food and beverage areas and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.