: US-MA-Waltham# of Openings
: CateringPosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
: ExemptAbout Us
Only 15 miles from downtown Boston, The Westin Waltham Boston provides easy access to Concord, Lexington, and Cambridge. Our associates can enjoy a list of excellent benefits, which include free onsite parking, complimentary lunch or dinner meals and free uniform dry cleaning. Complimentary on site dental cleanings provided every 6 months and an annual complimentary flu shot for associates on our medical/dental benefits. For those looking to stay fit, you can take advantage of our complimentary access to our WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio. At the Westin Waltham, we take care of you so that you can take care of our guests! Overview
Supervise the daily operations of the Catering & Conference Services area to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with local and corporate standard operating procedures. Responsibilities
- Skilled at both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process. Understanding of pace and productivity.
- Interview, recommend hiring, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Strong yield management skills with an understanding of optimizing the catering mix of business and the use of historical data.
- Experience evaluating every catering business opportunity to maximize revenue and profitability while achieving customer expectations.
- Maintain or exceed budgeted sales and profits in all catering areas.
- Develop and implement effective marketing plans for generating catering revenues.
- Carefully review all contracted services to assure proper contribution to profits.
- Identify trends, research the competition's products, services and pricing and use it to develop strategic business plans.
- Optimize room rental charges.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments.
- Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE, MPI).
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing skills as well as negotiating skills. Track record of strong prospecting efforts. Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations. Participate in trade shows and sales blitzes.
- Actively participate in community/civic activities to maintain awareness within community and to create booking opportunities.
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups.
- Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action. Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations.
- Experience providing Audio/Visual equipment and operating Audio/Visual as a profit center.
- Utilization of the Delphi trace and activity tools while conducting business
- Monitor sales performance of Catering Sales Managers and coach and council towards success. Maintain ongoing training program for Catering and Convention Services Managers.
- Monitor group room blocks and pick up, generate detailed resumes for the operating departments.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years in Catering Sales and Convention Services required.
- CI/TY experience.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi. Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of catering sales and convention services skills, revenue management, recruitment, supervision, training, and motivation of managers.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.