: US-GA-Alpharetta# of Openings
: Food and BeveragePosition Type
: Regular Part-TimeFLSA Status
: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Inspired by the mythical land of Avalon, where the experience of the "Good Life" is ever-present, The Hotel at Avalon arrives — a grand reimagining of resort environment, where guests are immersed in the timeless art of living well.
Here at the Hotel at Avalon, the "Good Life" is ever present in our benefits of becoming an associate! In addition to our Company's medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, Hotel at Avalon associates also enjoy free lunch or dinner during your shift in our Associate Cafe, free gated on-site parking, provided uniforms, and discounted dry cleaning rates on-site. In addition, you and your family have access to Marriott's discounted hotel room program at thousands of Marriott locations around the world.
"Think of us as a guide to the extraordinary, a gateway to the unconventional, a beacon of good taste".Overview
Provide superior customer service while maintaining a clean and attractive outlet for guests.Responsibilities
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests.
- Prepare customers orders as requested accurately and efficiently.
- Ring guest check correctly. Close the check to the proper method of payment, (i.e., cash, credit card or house charge).
- Ensures guest satisfaction; in the event of dissatisfaction, tactfully negotiates resolution.
- Maintain the highest level of standards for all product preparation.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, equipment, service stations or seating areas.
- Comply with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, check total verification, tip disbursement, cash drawer and house bank management.
- Balance house bank at the end of the shift. Retrieves and returns bank from vault to workstation and return, to ensure accountability.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges and understand portion sizes as relating to pricing.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and Point of Sale procedures.
- Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations, such as inaccurate check total.
- Ability to sit and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.