: US-FL-Fort Lauderdale# of Openings
: Food and BeveragePosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Escape to The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort and discover the "Venice of America." Spectacular views of the ocean or Intracoastal Waterway and the sound of lapping waves stimulate your senses, day and night. We are the best place to work on the beach according to our associates with an AOS score of 95%. We offer free employee lunch, free parking, and monetary incentives based off of Trip Advisor and GSS mentions. Come find your home away from home and join the Westin team today! Overview
The host or hostess is the critical first impression of the restaurant, and therefore is empowered to create memorable guest experiences. Responsibilities
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu.
- Read, maintain and make daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management.
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room.
- Receive records and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Ability to comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, event orders and similar written materials.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guests with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.