Lutron Electronics Company, Inc.
Lutron Electronics is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action - Employer. We welcome qualified, motivated applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or geneticsEmbedded Design Engineer - Boynton BeachBoynton Beach, FLJob Description
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. has an immediate opening for anEmbedded Software Design Engineerat our South Florida Engineering Design Center in Boynton Beach, FL. Why is Lutron a good place for Embedded Software Design Engineers?
What you will do at Lutron
- For almost 60 years, Lutron has innovated manythousands of new products and has a broad repertoire of3,000+ design and product patents.
- We develop our hardware and software, which enables us to ensure a superior end-to-end experiencefor our users.
- Lutron’s engineers design and develop solutions in embedded, mobile, web, desktop/server, and cloud-based environments usingleading technologies and processes.
- We have acollaborative culture;you will be working side by side on cross-functional teams with other highly skilled engineers and designers, learning from their experiences while still having your voice heard.
The Lutron Story
- Architect stable, efficient, and scalable systems upon which world-class embedded software applications can easily be built
- Design maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets while working closely with across-functional teamof other highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality software/hardware to the end user
- Balance a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, user interface design,software architecture, software development, software verification, troubleshooting, and software maintenance
- Ensure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via gooddevelopmentpractices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing andthorough review
- Maintain a customer-focus in all design considerations
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Lead high performing teams of embedded design engineers to designing the next generation of Lutron products.
- Manage embedded design projects in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
Lutron is ahuman and technology-centered, people-drivencompany. We have a long history of significant growth and smart innovations.
What are we looking for?
- The Industry is Born:Our founder’s first invention of an energy-saving solid-state dimmer and the resulting inception of Lutron in 1961 marked the birth of the lighting control industry.
- Control Systems for Every Market:Lutron has control solutions targeting a wide variety of light, shade, and temperature applications for a single room all the way up to a multi-building campus. Our distinguished installations includeThe White House, the homes of numerous celebrities, The Empire State Building, 49ers Stadium, LEGOLAND theme park (Gnzburg), NASA HQ, and multiple others.
- Smart Connected Systems and IoT:Lutron has been at the forefront of innovating products for smart homes and connected buildings for more than 20 years and is now providing leadership in the human-centered IoT ecosystem.Our strategic alliances include integration with: Apple HomeKit, Amazon Echo, Sonos, Nest and IFTTT.
- Foster Sustainability, Save Energy and Protect our Environment:Lutron controls have reduced electrical use by 9.2 billion kWh globally, which reduces our customers’ electric bills by more than $1 billion annually.
- BS in Computer, Software, orElectrical Engineering (or similar degree) from an accredited program, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- 5 or more years of industry experience in the field of embedded software/hardware development
- Thorough knowledge of embedded system development fundamentals
- Hands-on experience with objected oriented design and design patterns
- Strong working knowledge of good programming techniques, and familiarity with real time schedulers
- Excellent Communication skills with a wide variety of disciplines.
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
- Technical experience required in the majority of the areas:
- Real Time Embedded Systems
- Programming languages such as C, C++ and assembly
- Board bring up and device driver development, including SPI, UART, I2C and ADC
- Experience in an Agile development environment and/or experience using tools such as JIRA, GIT and Bitbucket.
- Interface programming
- Hardware development of control circuits using 8/32 bit ARM-based processors.
- Protocol development
- Software and hardware debugging using emulators & oscilloscopes
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website atwww.lutron.com. EOE/AA.