Gryphon Technologies, LCMarine Diesel Engine Inspector
Full Time M&M# of Openings:
OP TS PTS Other Marine Co
VA, Norfolk VAOverview
Gryphon Technologies, Inc. (Gryphon) is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring today’s U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Gryphon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Provide around the world field diesel engine inspection, technical support, and industrial oversight for US Navy small boats.
- Position is in-client at Commander, Navy Expeditionary Combat Command, Virginia Beach, VA.
- Perform duties as appropriate with Diesel Engine Inspector certification.
- Conducts inspections or examinations of US Navy small boat propulsion systems to assess, monitor and report the condition, including regular diesel engine inspections.
- Inspects equipment and systems to ensure compliance with contract and military specifications during industrial availabilities.
- Provides quality oversight for industrial availabilities.
- Troubleshoot systems, conduct repair maintenance, and provide oversight of installations on various Navy small boats.
- Provide technical oversight of acquisition of engines, auxiliary equipment, C4I systems and boats to ensure documentation and compliance with contract and military specification.
- Perform work with a minimum of supervisory assistance and in compliance with prior engineering determination.
- Coordinate schedules and oversee work for compliance to contractual requirements for fleet-wide upgrades or small boat repair availabilities.
- Inspect craft, develop repair packages, develop cost estimates, oversee contractor’s execution of assigned repair packages and conduct acceptance testing.
- Incorporate daily task direction directly from client and be able to work without supervision.
- Available for CONUS and OCONUS travel approximately 25% of the time.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma Required/equivelant required.
- Five years of diesel engine operational and maintenance experience required.
- Propulsion and Auxiliary Plant Inspection and Inspector Certification Program as per the U.S. Navy's Diesel Engine Inspector course listed in CeTARS CANTRAC Volume II, Course# A-652-0311.
- Hands-on hull, mechanical, electrical or electronics technical experience
- Skilled in troubleshooting and promptly taking corrective action in accordance with technical documentation.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints/bills of materials; drawing simple schematics/wiring diagrams.
- Familiarity with the installation of electrical and mechanical components including, but not limited to, boat alterations for security systems, instrumentation, cabling, gauges and sensors, radars, external speakers, depth sounders, sonar, cabin and deck lighting, engines, pumps and shore power.
- Strong written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow directions is a must.
- Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team.
- Be able to multi-task in high stress situations.
- Extensive attention to detail, ability to multi-task and the drive to take ownership in one’s work.
- Experience in small boat operations to include navigation, engineering, weapons, communications, and overall craft maintenance strongly preferred
- CAD skills / experience preferred
- Applicant will be subject to a security investigation and must maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- CARRYING and LIFTING. Ability to transport and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Employee is required to access remote areas of multi-level vessels and tight propulsion spaces.
One must have good written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team. An active Secret Security Clearance will be required. U.S. Citizenship required.