Dow Jones & Co.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you. Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at email@example.com.
Please put “Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
Job_Req_16676You've been a professional web developer for a year or so. Maybe you were a designer or project manager before you started coding. You've learned a few different frameworks but have spent most of your time with React. You're looking for a chance to be a part of a team of passionate engineers who can help you level up your game while working on products that people care about.You're also obsessed with staying current with world events. You firmly believe in the public mission of journalism and its importance in our society. You're looking for more than just another engineering job. You want your work to have an impact.Come join our team at The Wall Street Journal! We're looking for you to:
We'd like you to have:
- Design, develop and test web applications for The Wall Street Journal.
- Work closely with journalists, designers, data scientists, product managers and other engineers to build innovative solutions to current and future newsroom challenges.
- Help set technical direction and long-term strategy for future mobile initiatives.
- Play an active role in the product development process.
- Keep an eye on technical innovations and changing trends in the mobile landscape.
If this describes you, then we'd love to talk to you!
- Working knowledge of HTTP and web technologies.
- A strong background in software engineering and computer science fundamentals.
- A natural curiosity and desire to understand and even contribute to the entire technology stack.
- A passion for storytelling and creativity to introduce new ideas and technologies. If you have a background in journalism, even better!
TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT