We're looking for a high-flying manager who will help manage the digital work of the nation's most successful environmental campaign -- the Beyond Coal Campaign at the Sierra Club. The Beyond Coal campaign has already secured the retirement of over 250 coal-fired power plants --nearly half of the U.S. coal fleet. The campaign is expanding to ensure America leaps over gas as it works to create a just, clean energy transition that benefits everyone, and works to mitigate the worst impacts of climate change. Candidates should have 3-5 years of online organizing and digital campaign experience, preferably prior managerial experience, interpersonal relational Jui Jitsu skills, and be passionate about winning victories that improve public health, the environment, and the quality of life in communities across the country.
People of color and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Put your unique experience and passion to work at the Sierra Club -- the nation's oldest, and largest, grassroots environmental organization. We cannot succeed without you. Apply now! --> http://bit.ly/2sJOZbJ
Marketing Communications, Environmental Protection-Conservation, General-Other: Project-Program Management, Event Planning-Coordination, Database Development-Administration, Digital Content Development
- Three to Five plus years’ experience in online organizing or campaigning.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Previous experience developing and managing online creative campaigns, preferably including the management of design and web development vendors and regional email acquisition campaigns with a focus on engaging new audiences.
- Proficient computer skills and prior experience with internet applications including email, constituent relationship management or other related data systems, social networking systems and web applications.
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Demonstrated skills in writing and production of online campaign materials. Good verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to work effectively in an action-oriented office.
- Ability to work independently, cooperatively and effectively with public, staff and volunteers.