Do you have a passion for global education and international exchange? Are you looking to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with talented people who share a global vision?
Global Glimpse is a visionary nonprofit that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through after school workshops and 15-day immersion programs in Latin America. Started in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007, Global Glimpse has grown to partner with 65 high schools and serve 1000 students annually across the Bay Area, Chicago, New York, and Western Massachusetts. We run programs in 15 international sites across Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic and Ecuador. Through a sliding fee model, Global Glimpse works to make experiential global education accessible to students from all socioeconomic backgrounds and the majority of our students come from low-income families and underserved communities. Our mission is to give all youth an opportunity to gain a broader perspective of the world and develop the motivation, skills, and confidence to tackle challenges in their local and global communities.
Global Glimpse is looking for a motivated and passionate individual to join our senior leadership team. The right person should have extensive experience leading and expanding revenue generating educational programs or businesses across multiple regions. The VP of US Programs will play a crucial role in expanding our US programs beyond 1000 students and report directly to the COO. This is a full-time position based in our Berkeley, CA headquarters that requires regular travel to Chicago and New York.
Global Glimpse is the only organization in the field serving majority low income students and this is an incredible opportunity to change the lives of thousands of young people by setting strategy and coaching program teams to improve ROI and grow our US programs and partnerships. You and your team will be responsible for full partner school program lifecycle including leader trainings, student and educator recruitment, regional and national revenue goals, expanding regional and national programpartnerships, and driving program expansion regionally and nationally.
US Partner School Program
- Set annual regional and national partner school program revenue goals
- Consistently evaluate and improve US program strategy to meet student recruitment and revenue goals (includes product development, marketing, and messaging).
- Grow national partner school revenue each year and close revenue gaps in each region, while maintaining student diversity
- Meet or exceed program revenue and student recruitment targets, which will be over 2M and 1000 students in FY 18
- Directly manage 4 program staff and 3 program support staff operating across Chicago, the Bay Area and New York. Support them to reach educator and student recruitment targets nationally, hit revenue goals, and effectively manage the full partner school program lifecycle including educator recruitment, educator trainings, student recruitment, program revenue management, preparing students and GGLs for summer programs in Latin America, and alumni programming.
- Implement all US Program legal and liability policies and liaise with international program teams to support safety and health policies
- Consistently work to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of student recruitment processes and develop strategies to maximize recruitment and reduce student drop outs
- Evaluate program pricing and scholarship allocation systems each year and implement improvements to increase ROI and better serve our mission
- Manage US program IT systems and support Director of US Operations to implement upgrades to back-end program management systems when necessary
- Oversee US program curriculum development and annual upgrades
- Direct our national Partner Organization program and manage our Bay Area Program Manager to cultivate relationships with programmatic partner organizations including Summer Search, SEO Scholars, Heckscher Scholars, and Schuler Scholars and recruit 120+ partner org students in FY18
- Develop partnership structures, pricing, IT support, MOUs for partnership, and hold organizations accountable for meeting recruitment targets
- Recruit and manage new partner organizations
- Ensure partners are supported and ROI is maximized for all parties, support annual partnership evaluation and goal setting
- Coach and empower US program team to maintain high levels of performance, motivation and job satisfaction
- Conduct triannual performance evaluations with each of your team members and support managers to grow in their management of support staff
- Work across teams to collaborate with international programs, development, marketing and communications, and operations to make sure US Programs are aligned with and supporting organizational strategy
New School Recruitment
- Improve and implement national new school recruitment strategies to bring on new partner schools each year. Strategies will include online marketing campaigns, teacher referral campaigns, school district partnership outreach, regional evaluation, online curriculum and training capacity building, etc.
- Build strong relationships with key school leaders and administrators in each region
- Keep abreast of national trends in global education and develop partnerships with credit bearing institutions and government institutions that support program expansion
- Advise program staff on best practices for maintaining school partnerships including drafting MOUs when needed, providing year-end impact reporting, and stewarding important relationships.
- Build regional annual program budgets and support regional program staff to develop strong financial responsibility and accountability
- Track and analyze student recruitment goals, student acceptance numbers, and new school partnerships to ensure program revenue is maximized while still maintaining socioeconomic diversity of the program.
*As part of the Global Glimpse Leadership team you will support crisis management during the summer by taking 1 week rotations monthly to be on call for high level emergencies during the summer student travel months (June-August).
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Salary: Monthly salary commensurate with experience, health benefits, Unlimited PTO, cellphone reimbursement & professional development.
Location: Berkeley, CA
Start date: ASAP
Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please send resume and cover letter detailing your reasons for wanting to work for Global Glimpse and qualifications for the position to email@example.com. Please have “VP of US Programs – Your Name” in the subject line of the email. In your cover letter, please provide 3 references. They will not be contacted until you have gone through a final interview. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.