Bring your passion, expertise, and experience to IBTS, where we appreciate and are committed to our employees. We offer outstanding benefits, growth opportunities and work hard to maintain a culture that values our employees.
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that was established to provide unbiased professional building code compliance services, while enhancing the communities in which we work. At IBTS, our mission is to deliver quality services to meet the challenges of governance at all levels while enhancing public safety, economic development, and the general welfare of the community. Our services include Building and Community Development, Energy and Sustainability Services, Disaster Planning and Recovery, Quality Assurance, as well as Compliance and Risk Monitoring.
IBTS is headquartered in Ashburn, VA, with additional offices in Louisiana, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Washington, DC.
We are committed to building a community of experts with diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and perspectives who are passionate about our mission. IBTS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. S3 Residence, disability, and veterans encouraged to apply.
Explore the opportunities.
Our company is searching for a Network Engineer who can implement equipment installation plans based on the Network Administrator's specifications, maintain each component of the network and troubleshoot issues. The Network Engineer will be responsible for monitoring the network firewall, assessing the functionality of the network routers, ensuring all Internet security software is updated regularly, developing and implementing company email policies in accordance with the IT Manager and maintaining the company phone system.
- Some travel when we inspect and open additional branch office sites
- Maintain and upgrade network, Cisco IP phones, and fax server (PRI) equipment
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g, routers, switches, firewalls, VPN). Cisco and Dell switches, Fortigate and Cisco routers
- Implement security tools, policies, and procedures
- Create and maintain a Networking budget every fiscal year
- Solid understanding of LAN and WAN technologies
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications and Contact Center Express
- Solid understanding of OSI and TCP/IP model
- Cisco Jabber
- Cisco IP Phones
- Sustain the necessary data throughput rate by monitoring networking activity and maintaining existing equipment
- Respond to network connectivity issues and resolve any wireless communication issues within the confines of the office
- Update the network maintenance manual and submit a summary of changes to the manual each week to management
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors to ensure that the network stays operation
- Hands-on experience with monitoring and network diagnostic tools
- Experience with setting up and troubleshooting IPSEC VPNs
- Familiarity with routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP
- Assist help desk staff with escalated issues
- Support systems analysis activities
- Flexible schedule – weekend and evenings during outages and maintenance
- Follows direction and works well with others
- Detail oriented
- Good communication skills a must
- Participates in reviews with internal/external customers and implements corrective actions as required
- Develops or assists with baseline testing and documentation
- Study/Promoter of best practices
- Good Technical Writing and specification writing skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to rapidly evolving technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certificate desired
- CompTIA networking certifications preferred
- 5+ years' experience in managing sophisticated computer networks
- 3+ years' experience in network architecture and deployment