Intelligent Software SystemsReq #
Preferred Top SecretPosition Type
Engineering - Software EngineerLocation
Colorado Springs, COBenefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Polaris Alpha offers excellent benefits to full-time employees:
Benefits are subject to changeJob Description
- Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums are paid 100% by ISS for employee and their family
- Life and AD&D insurance premiums are paid 100%, by ISS for employee at 3x annual salary
- 401k plan, ISS matches up to 3% of employee contributions and participants are 100% vested in plan from date of enrollment
- 4+ weeks of PTO and 8 Paid Holidays observed
- Education Assistance Program
- Relocation may be considered
Polaris Alpha (formerly ISS) is a highly technical industry leader uniquely positioned to address customers' most complex challenges across the full spectrum of air, land, sea, cyber and space domains.
Polaris Alpha provides cutting edge solutions development based on the latest advances in open software design and integration. The company is best known for not only understanding our customer's needs, but also consistently exceeding their expectations. Polaris Alpha develops sophisticated data visualization, event analysis, pattern detection, mission planning and mobile software using net centric and enterprise architectures.
These position is part of the Applied Research Directorate. As a senior engineer in a technical leadership position such as team management, program technical management, architecture design and/or system/large component lead. Has extensive software engineering knowledge in the areas of requirements analysis, product design, implementation, bug verification, release testing, and product support. Interacts with customers and end-users to develop use cases and analyze requirements. The primary focus will be the development of scalable and highly available distributed application using the latest technologies. In addition, the opportunity to lead component development.
Polaris Alpha is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information or disability status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Required Skills
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent, with 10+ years of technical experience in software engineering. Relevant domain experience may be accepted in place of a degree.
• Experience with Maven
• Experience with Git
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with Java development (Java 7 & 8)
• Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
• Experience leading a project and/or component.
Experience working with customers in order to gather requirements, provide status, demo application/component
• Experience with the Spring Framework
• Experience with the Spring Boot
• Experience with the Spring Data
• Experience with SQL based database Technologies (i.e., Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.)
• Experience with NoSQL based database Technologies (i.e., MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, etc.)
• This position requires the selected candidate to hold an active or ability to get a Department of Defense level security clearance which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.Desired Skills
• Top Secret clearance
• Experience with Machine Learning (Spark, TensorFlow)
• Experience with AWS EC2 and AWS services
• Experience with NLP engines (UIMA, GATE)
• Experience with Python
• Experience with the Spring Cloud (Spring Cloud Config, Spring Cloud Hystrix, Spring Cloud Stream)
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.