Engineering - Hardware
. San Jose, California
UX and Visual Design Lead
The ID8 Innovation Lab at Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center is looking for a senior UX or visual design lead who are entrepreneurial, critical thinkers, and innovators who are energized to re-imagine the way people interact with each other and their content in a digital world. We are seeking makers who love getting their hands dirty to prototype hardware products as much as designing screen-based experiences.
As a senior designer that works closely with engineering and the leadership team, you'll be in the unique position to imagine the next generation of products and services within Samsung. You are a hands-on design leader who can work independently, but can also lead innovation projects from start to finish. You'll work with passionate and highly talented team members, stakeholders who want big thinking, and you'll have the opportunity to transform consumer digital experiences in a fast-moving environment.
Location: San Jose, CA
- Conceptualize new products and experiences by participating in brainstorming sessions, creating user scenarios, storyboarding, and developing concept sketches.
- Refine and further develop products concepts into complete, functional design systems.
- Collaborate with industrial designers, electrical, mechanical and software engineers to turn designs into high fidelity functional prototypes.
- Develop workflows, user task analysis, interaction flows, wireframes, low fidelity mock-ups, navigational flows, and high fidelity prototypes.
- Creating beautiful, functional, compelling, and memorable design systems that helps advance prototypes
- Define project plan; manage project schedules, tasks, and resources
- Understand complex user and technical requirements, while also crafting a simple and elegant user experience to fulfill those needs.
- Help define the user model and user interface for all kinds of devices including new categories of IoT, digital health, and more.
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in designing usable experiences in an agile, startup-like product development environment, and 3+ years of experience leading innovation or design projects.
- Great visual design skills highly desirable.
- Bachelor or Master degree in UX or interaction design, graphic arts, visual effects, or related design discipline
- An online portfolio that showcases deep UX / visual design skills
- Prior experience designing interaction for connected devices and hardware products a big plus.