Teknion is a leading international designer, manufacturer and marketer of office furniture. We create furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. Our approach is one of innovation; our products perform independently and combine in virtually endless configurations to fit the needs of the world’s evolving economies and work cultures.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Vice President for the MidAtlantic Region.
This position is responsible for managing Teknion’s sales and marketing efforts within a given geography. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to; the management of District Sales Managers, A&D Market Managers and Showroom employees; partaking in sales presentations; maintaining high level relationships with dealers and end users; managing a dealer network; hiring of sales personnel; and increasing Teknion’s sales volume and market share within the given region.
Additional responsibilities included (but are not limited to):
- Meet or exceed Regional revenue goals and profit margin targets, which may exceed sales quotas.
- Direct a regional sales force including hiring, firing, coaching, training, and managing conflict.
- Manage a dealer network. Obtain buy in of Teknion initiatives at the highest level within the dealership.
- Assist in sales presentations.
- Facilitate a team selling approach within the region. This will include coordination between District Managers, A&D Managers, National Account Managers, and Product Specialists.
- When applicable, oversee a showroom facility, maintaining its condition, encouraging the proactive use of the showroom and managing the support staff.
- Maintain a complete and thorough knowledge of all Teknion products as well as the competitors offering.
- Develop and execute a regional business plan incorporating annual goals and objectives.
- Operate the region within established budgetary guidelines. Manage annually assigned budget for travel and other expenses and be accountable for impact of expenses on sales.
- Assist District Managers in keeping accurate and up to date forecasts.
- Work in a manner consistent with the overall goals of the corporation.
- Participation in industry trade events and other marketing initiatives
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sexual orientation or gender identity
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 8-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated track-record of meeting or exceeding goals
- Successful track record of building strong customer relationships
- Ability to work independently and achieve results
- Management/leadership experience preferred
- Ability to develop & implement strategic sales strategies
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong analytical thinking ability, problem solving skills, and initiative
- Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Ability and willingness to travel