AltaMed Health Services
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.Job ID
US - CA - Huntington Park Overview
Under the supervision of the Network Services Supervisor or PACE Center Manager, the Medical Escort will assist and accompany PACE participants to outside center appointments and provide personal care and assistance in the activities of daily living such as toileting and eating. Responsibilities
- Escort participant to external appointments.
- Ensure participant safety and comfort while at the outside appointment.
- Provide personal care and assistance in the activities of daily living such as toileting and eating while at the outside appointment.
- Provide assistance to the participant in obtaining health care services and engaging in other day health care center activities as directed.
- Notify clinical staff of their participant observations to ensure appropriate assessment of any potential abnormality and facilitation of any future care needs.
- Coordinate and communicate with the Transportation Department for timely appointment retrieval and return.
- Ensure completion and return of appropriate referrals and follow-up.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience working with elderly; care giver experience preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Chinese.