Portfolio Marketing Manager, Unisyn
This position is responsible for developing and executing global business strategies to meet Lytx performance goals and objectives for new and in-market products and solutions based on such variables as life stage, market, sales and competitive conditions, supply and demand opportunities and constraints, and internal directives.
The Portfolio Manager works with a diverse cross functional team to seamlessly transition new products into the current product portfolio, adjusting the product positioning and pricing as necessary across the products and services by leveraging their industry and business expertise to determine long term strategies. In addition to direct client insight information, they work with Research, Product Managers, Commercial leadership and direct with clients to understand buyer needs.
This includes developing a long-term business strategy, go-to market strategy, and continual lifecycle planning and executes pricing globally, providing product update information, re-positioning in-market products as required, obsoleting products at end-of-life, tracking and reporting on-going market performance, win-loss analysis, and competitive response.
- Develop and execute go-to market strategies by expertly managing a portfolio of in-market products & solutions, and seamlessly transitioning new products into existing portfolios, and adjusting positioning, pricing and market strategies across the product portfolio for maximum impact and market position.
- Maximizes revenue and profit through insightful solution management and pricing strategies based on lifecycle stage, market and sales conditions and supply/demand opportunities and constraints.
- Portfolio Intelligence from understanding client needs, buyer personas, market trends and the competitive landscape and the expertise to guide positioning, inform campaign planning, and educate employees and the marketplace.
Areas of Focus and Responsibilities:
Focus: Portfolio Management—manages and optimizes the in-market offer
Drives marketing and lifecycle strategies at the worldwide level that optimize the combined impact of the in-market product portfolio and enable competitive advantage and strong category and customer positions.
- Develops and executes product strategies as required for a portfolio of products and services based on such variables as buyer needs, product life stage, market and sales conditions, supply and demand opportunities and constraints, and internal directives or issues. Communicates the strategic vision in a clear, concise and impactful manner.
- Actively plans, documents and communicates lifecycle strategies and actions for in-market products.
- Adjusts lifecycle strategies and positioning/repositioning of current products in the portfolio as the market situation changes.
- Ensures that new products seamlessly transition into the in-market portfolio at launch.
- Works with Product Managers and clients and prospects to understand user requirements and buyer personas, and based on segment needs, the Lifecycle Manager may make recommendations for product updates and feature changes and suggest those to Product Management.
- Works with Marketing Communications as product updates occur, pricing changes and products are repositioned to ensure that all communications messaging and deliverables are updated.
- Works across the Go-to Market System, including client success and sales to communicate all update information.
- Rationalizes product portfolio and works closely with supply chain, finance, sales and client services to plan and flawlessly execute obsolescence of products that are no longer viable.
- Routinely tracks, analyzes and reports product/market performance, competitive situation and trends.
- As in-market product expert, provides up-to-date product and competitive information.
- Develops and implements competitive response strategies and actions.
- Positioning of in-market product
- Product naming and portfolio structure and categorization.
- Timely communication of product updates through end-of-life
- Obsolescence plan and communications
- Competitive response
- On-time, impactful execution of all portfolio market launches.
Focus: Pricing strategy—ensures in-market success for products, solutions and services
Leads and drives the global pricing strategy to manage the mix of revenue and profit in order to achieve strong market positions and ensure competitive advantage while meeting Lytx business goals.
- Develops and implements global pricing strategies using price analysis tools and techniques as well as competitive pricing and market information to fuel fact-based pricing decisions and actions.
- Adapts pricing strategies based on the lifecycle of individual products and services to maximize profitable revenue and/or secure market position for the price band or category.
- Works with other Portfolio Managers to ensure efficacy of pricing across the entire product portfolio.
- Takes necessary actions to ensure product/market position is secure.
- Provides a framework for and oversight on special deals and temporary price reductions, reviews and supports RFQ/RFP, and performs win/loss analysis.
- Pricing detail and programs
- Quarterly pricing review
- Timely documentation/communication of global pricing strategies
- Efficacy of pricing across the product portfolio
- 1 & 3 year revenue for in-market products
- Margin $ and % targets met
Linkages and Processes:
- Pricing Process
- Competitive Analysis and Response
- Annual/semi-annual marketing planning
- Product Management
- Demand Gen team
- Channels & Geographies Development Manager
- Region Marketing
- Client Services
At Lytx, we believe what we do and how we do it matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be hungry, humble and capable to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Capabilities and Qualifications:
- Segment & customer insight
- Market & competitive intelligence
- Business & financial acumen
- Organizational understanding
- Marketing metrics & ROI
- Analytic capability
- How We Win
- Voice of customer
- Pricing strategy
- Lifecycle management
- Routes to market
- Strategic marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 12+ years of successful experience in business-to-business product marketing (experience in SaaS companies preferred).
- Experience leading a cross functional team
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
San Diego, California, United States